Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting Back in the Saddle

The recent holidays took a bigger than usual chunk out of my fitness routine. Because I was occupied with seasonal activities like shopping and then was out of town, I missed several cycling and strength-training sessions. And while my visits with family and friends were wonderful, I apparently caught some kind of “bug” on the way home from Texas – maybe it was “spa-withdrawal”! Anyway, for much of last week, I felt “blah” – not bad enough to be officially sick, but not good, either. When I climbed on my bike this morning at 7 a.m., I hadn’t ridden in nearly two weeks. It was good to be back, even though I had to leave early to keep my quarterly date with the “Bug Man.” Having not had the energy to train at all earlier in the week made me appreciate each pedal stroke. Being reminded this way that good health is indeed a blessing helps me see that, although I’d like to be faster this year, what’s truly important is that I can continue to do it at all.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love your profile pic, you look so happy!!!