Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dilemma

I'd like to do an Olympic distance triathlon in Des Moines, Iowa, on June 22. This is not as far-fetched as it may seem, as I usually go to Iowa in June to visit family. I wasn't sure, though, how best to get my bike there. My daughter has been my traveling companion in the past, but she surprised me by getting married in December, so ... she won't be making this trip w/ me. I also wasn't sure I'd be ready for that distance by then b/c I've only done sprints. Then one of my sisters agreed to drive to Iowa w/ me and to do the run part. But when I checked my work schedule, I discovered a conflict -- not insurmountable, but a difficult choice. A few years ago I would have put work first, but now I'm thinking I may not have this same opportunity again and it wouldn't be so bad to re-arrange things at work.

No comments: